Lifeguards and Swim Instructors
The South Oakland Family YMCA is looking for lifeguards and swim instructors that are responsible for ensuring the safety of all members and program participants within the aquatic facility by being on the guard stand, patrolling or teaching. He/she will be responsible for carrying out and enforcing aquatic policies and procedures in compliance with the statutes as described by the State of Michigan, the YMCA of the USA, Jeff Ellis and Associates and the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit.
To apply, download an application and send it to Jessica Egnatuk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking to make a positive change in someone’s life? Enjoy helping others reach their fitness goals? Then WE WANT YOU! We are looking for energetic, self-driven people to work in our Wellness Center.
Just a few of the basic job duties include, but are not limited to: supervising the workout room while on shift, cleaning, scheduling and conducting orientation appointments with members. One of the job perks is a free membership to the South Oakland Y! Previous experience working in a gym is a plus, but not necessary, we will train the right personality! Please send resumes to Sheila Slaven: email@example.com.
Child Care Staff
Childcare Staff: Part time days, nights or weekends. Must be 18 with a high school education. Prior experience with children a plus. Must possess a desire to initiate activities with children and work independently. Must have reliable transportation. Contact: Holly Swigert at firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthy Living Director
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Healthy Living Director is responsible for the Wellness Center, supervision of the Personal Training Program, Group Exercise program, and member retention activities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in physical education or related field is required.
- Certification in CPR and First Aid required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in supervising group exercise, personal training, and staff is required; YMCA experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills and people skills required and must be able to interpret financial statements.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills through knowledge of anatomy, injury prevention, and fitness principles.
- Group exercise, personal training, leadership experience and training are a must to be successful in this position.
To apply, send your resume to Kyle Anderson, Executive Director at email@example.com.