Job opportunities at our Y:
The South Oakland Family YMCA is currently taking resumes for an experienced leader to assist youth sports programs, adult sports programs, sports camps, youth skills clinics and more. Under the direction of the Community Program Director, the Sports Assistant will provide direct supervision and leadership to all Sports programs and leagues. He/She will ensure that staff and volunteers are utilized appropriately to assure that events run properly and in accordance with the purpose and policies of the YMCA of Metro Detroit Association.
At the YMCA of Metro Detroit, sports and fitness activities have always been at the core of our programming. More than learning how to kick a ball or swing a bat, YMCA sports programs teach values and character building that can become the very foundation of a person’s life.
SEND RESUMES TO: Lori Mabee, Community Director at South Oakland Family YMCA, 1016 W. Eleven Mile Road Royal Oak, MI 48067. You may email your interest to email@example.com.
The South Oakland Family YMCA is seeking a positive, enthusiastic, values driven leader who under the supervision of the Executive Director, will be responsible for developing and implementing aquatics related programs that will promote membership growth and retention and increase program enrollment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education or related field is required.
- Two years of experience directly managing pool operations, staff supervision and engagement in budget process.
- Certifications in YSLI, CPR and First Aid are required.
- Ellis licensed, LGI is preferred
- YMCA Instructor Trainer and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of YMCA aquatics programs and curriculum is preferred
- Must have proficiency with pool filtration and chlorination systems.
$30,000 – $34,000 annually. Resumes until November 15, 2013.
To apply, Download an application and email it to Kyle Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.