YOUTH DEVELOPMENT COUNSELOR – DAY CAMP
The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit is seeking positive role models who are caring, outgoing, creative, love to have fun, enjoy being outside, and want to make a positive impact in the lives of youth in our day camp programs.
- Serve as a role model for all youth participating in the day camp program by displaying
exemplary behavior at all times.
- Plan, assist, and implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values for campers.
- Be willing to dress up, save the world, win the game and lose the game when needed.
- Ensure a safe and nurturing environment; attending to the needs of campers at all times.
- Be welcoming to all campers, parents and other staff.
- Consciously create a climate in camp to foster the goals and objectives of the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit.
- Supervise a group of 6 – 12 children.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings.
- Assume equal responsibility of general housekeeping tasks.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical situations and behavior management, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Must be at least 18 year of age.
Daily camp activities include: creating memories, building friendships, increasing confidence, fostering smiles and developing the leaders of tomorrow through swimming, games, arts & crafts, science, literacy, and much more! If you believe in the YMCA core values of honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring, and want to make a difference in the life of a child, please apply.
We’re accepting applications through March 31, 2014. If interested please submit a completed application to Lori Mabee at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 248.547.1372.
Lifeguards and Swim Instructors
The South Oakland Family YMCA is looking for lifeguards and swim instructors that are responsible for ensuring the safety of all members and program participants within the aquatic facility by being on the guard stand, patrolling or teaching. He/she will be responsible for carrying out and enforcing aquatic policies and procedures in compliance with the statutes as described by the State of Michigan, the YMCA of the USA, Jeff Ellis and Associates and the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit.
To apply, download an application and send it to Jessica Egnatuk at email@example.com.
Looking to make a positive change in someone’s life? Enjoy helping others reach their fitness goals? Then WE WANT YOU! We are looking for energetic, self-driven people to work in our Wellness Center.
Just a few of the basic job duties include, but are not limited to: supervising the workout room while on shift, cleaning, scheduling and conducting orientation appointments with members. One of the job perks is a free membership to the South Oakland Y! Previous experience working in a gym is a plus, but not necessary, we will train the right personality! Please send resumes to Sheila Slaven: firstname.lastname@example.org.