The Metro Youth YMCA provides a range of programs that are fun and engaging for youth, while working to develop specific life skills that prepare them for the challenges ahead.
Program Core Elements
While there are a variety of program initiatives at the MYY to deal with the challenges faced by young people of different ages and backgrounds, the success of every program involves fundamental elements that are proven to strengthen our youth and prepare them for success:
- Exposure to a number of positive adult role models,
- Opportunities to build positive friendships,
- Opportunities to plan, to lead and to articulate points of view,
- Involvement of parents to increase their capacity for self and family development, and
- Goal and team based activities that foster learning and enhance creative, critical thinking.
Achievers is a teen leadership program preparing young people for the 21st Century – a place where teens Serve, Lead & Achieve. A teen leadership program preparing young people for the 21st Century, Achievers is a place where teens Serve, Lead & Achieve. Our Career and College Prep program for youth in grades 8-12, Achievers provides a variety of youth development opportunities. LEARN MORE ››
K-12 School Programs
We work with kids right in their schools to provide youth development opportunities for every child. Through programs like Camp Phoenix and Y-Moves, we engage kids an provide learning opportunities. LEARN MORE ››
Get involved and support your community through our Y. We provide lots of volunteer opportunities. You can be a “Homework Hero,” helping kids afterschool; or maybe you’d like to be a part of our YMCA Premier Parent Club. LEARN MORE ››