Every day, Y Arts gives our community the support it needs to learn, grow and thrive. From pottery, to dance, to media arts and theatre, everything we do helps build creativity in our community and access to the arts for the people who live here.
But keeping Southeast Michigan great is a full-time job. Every day, our community faces new challenges that create a greater need for the work we do. And we need your help to do it. Your gift can help Southeast Michigan and everyone in it shine.
For a better you. For a better community. For a better country.
The Y.™ For a better us.™
When we work together, our whole community moves forward. Without volunteers, the Y wouldn’t be able to meet the needs of the kids, families, and adults who live in our community.
Volunteers are vital to the Y. A variety of volunteer opportunities are available, so we are able to match your interests with our needs in most cases. Please note that volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
Current Volunteer Opportunities at our Y
Y Arts is always seeking motivated youth and adults seeking to assist us in our work. Volunteers are a vital part of our programming.
- Front of House Volunteer
- Events in our theatre often need additional staff. This is a great opportunity to learn more about theatre production, assist audience members in finding their way around the Y, and support Y Arts program.
- Event Volunteer
- Y Arts hosts self-produced events throughout the year. Many of these celebrate our programs and offer a great opportunity to showcase youth performers and creative projects. Volunteers are a huge help in events like these to help everything run smoothly.
- Arts Education Volunteer
- Community members seeking a hands-on opportunity to help us teach the arts both at YMCA branches and out in schools. Arts Education Volunteers assist our teaching artists with classroom engagement and help us in our efforts in arts-based youth development.
- Advisory Board of Directors
- The Board of Advisors primarily involves itself with planning and advancing the mission and vision of their YMCA. It also ensures that the funds are available in order for the Y to be able to achieve its strategic goals. Board volunteers bring credibility to the YMCA through their visibility in the community, their professional expertise and their passion for community building.
- Help the Y raise funds to support the Annual Campaign. In this role you will help the membership campaign portion of the Annual Campaign, assuring the campaign meets its goals in recruiting volunteers and securing donations.
Share your YMCA Story
Do you have a Y story that has changed your life? If a story about the Y has meaning for you and you’re willing to tell it, then we believe it’s worth hearing. Your story—whether it’s about you, the people you know, or an entire community—has the potential to motivate others with real-life tales of how the Y not only promises, but also delivers positive change.