What YMCA Adventure Guides Do:
Small groups of parent-child pairs called Circles meet on a regular basis in each others’ homes, usually monthly. Occasionally, several Circles come together to participate in larger activities such as campouts, parties, or parades. These outings are called Expeditions. The core of the YMCA Adventure Guides program is these Circle and Expedition meetings and adventures.
Typical activities include:
- • Amusement parks
- • Overnights at the zoo
- • Fun Day at the YMCA
- • Toledo Mud Hens overnight
- • Community service
- • Fall/Winter/Spring campout
- • Tobogganing
- • Bowling
- • Pinewood Derby
- • Ceremonies
- • Games, crafts, songs, stories, skits
- • Hiking
- • Swimming
- • Ice Skating
- • Foster companionship and understanding and set a foundation for positive, lifelong relationships between parent and child
- • Build a sense of self-esteem and personal worth
- • Expand awareness of body, mind and spirit
- • Provide the framework to meet a mutual need of spending enjoyable, constructive, and quality time together
- • Enhance the quality of family time
- • Emphasize the vital role that parents play in the growth and development of their children
- • Promote Youth Development, Social Responsibility and Healthy Living
- • Offers and important and unique opportunity to develop and enjoy volunteer leadership skills
To get started, Download the registration packet.
If you are interested in being involved or have more questions, please contact us.
Schedule of Events
Our Adventure Guides Schedule will keep you up to date on our Y Guides outings, meetings and other adventures.