The Y’s 35th Annual Plymouth Father’s Day Run
Sunday June 15, 2014
Registration Opens March 1, 2014
As a leading voice on health and well-being, the Y brings families closer together, encourages good health and promotes community connections through fitness and fun.
The 34th annual Father’s Day Run offers an event for all ages, and race abilities (from amateur to elite runner).
- Kids ¼ mile Fun Runs (TROT ages 3-4 years & JOG for ages 5-7)
- 1 Mile Run/Walk (begins at 8:00 am)
- 5K Run/Walk (begins at 8:15 am)
- 10K Run (begins at 8:45 am)
- The unique MDG Triple (Participate in 1K, 5K and 10K, where start times allow combination of three races!)
The Course and Timing Setup
The flat and fast course through the streets of Downtown Plymouth is USATF certified. Race packet will contain the race bib number with B Tag attached. B Tags include QR codes
so runners get instant scan results. You must pick up your packet on site.
Our race is endorsed by the Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness, Health and Sports (www.michiganfitness.org).
- Cash Awards- $1000 MDG Triple
- MDG Triple Finisher Medals-1st Place Custom Jackets
- Chance at 1 of 20 $25 Visa Gift Card Backpacks
- Drawstring Backpacks to the ﬁrst 1000 to pick up race packets
- Custom Overall Awards Age Division Medals, 1st/2nd/3rd
- NEW! Tie One on for Dad Rafﬂ es- Race with a TIE to be entered to Win one of three Detroit Tigers Ticket Packages!
Why We Do It?
The Plymouth Family YMCA’s Father’s Day Run is all about the Y’s focus on Healthy Living. We bring the community together for a day of family fun and fitness to celebrate Father’s Day. But more, the race acts as a fundraiser to support the Y’s Annual Campaign, allowing us to carry out our work for Healthy Living, Youth Development and Social Responsibility.
Want to Get Involved?
Besides running in a race or making a donation to the campaign, you can support the campaign by acting as a race-day volunteer. We need volunteers to help with all aspects of race management: handling registration, race-day setup, directing runners and other key race-day tasks. The Fathers Day Run is a fun day that benefits the community. So please, get involved as a volunteer!
Registration opens on March 1, 2014. You can register for the race online at runsignup.com. We also accept in-person or mail-in registrations at the Plymouth Family YMCA.