The Y’s 36th Annual Plymouth Father’s Day Run
Sunday June 21, 2015
Registration Opens March 1, 2015
As a leading voice on health and well-being, the Y brings families closer together, encourages good health and promotes community connections through fitness and fun.
The Father’s Day Run offers an event for all ages, and race abilities (from amateur to elite runner).
How to Register
- Registration opens March 1st. Click the “Register to Race” button to get started online.
- Register by mail – send forms to 248 S Union, Plymouth MI 48170 or FAX to 734-453-4191
- Registered participants by 6/01/14 guaranteed quarter zip tech shirts!
- Family Discount – $10 off for 4 or more participants in the same household through 6/1/13. Discount does not include MDG Triple, not available online.
Packet Pick-up and Late Registration
Race packet will contain the race bib number with B Tag attached. B Tags include QR codes so runners get instant scan results. You must pick up your packet on site. No Race Changes, Refunds or Bib transfers/changes on Race Day.
- Early Packet Pick-Up: Saturday June 20th, 3-5 PM at The Gathering (next to Penn Theater)
All pre-registered racers will have a chance at 1 of 20 $25 Visa Gift Card backpacks. The first 1000 pre-registered racers to pick up will receive backpacks.
- Late Registration: Saturday June 20th, 10 AM–1 PM at the Y office (248 S Union)
- Race Day Pickup: 6:30–8:30 AM at The Gathering (next to Penn Theater)
Races, Start Times and Locations
Kids ¼ mile Fun Runs
(TROT ages 3-4 years & JOG for ages 5-7)
1 Mile Run/Walk
Race begins at 8:00 am at the Ann Arbor Trail and Union Street intersection.
Race begins at 8:15 am at the Ann Arbor Trail and Main Street intersection.
Race begins at 8:45 am at the Ann Arbor Trail and Hamilton Street intersection.
The MDG Triple
Racers participate in 1K, 5K and 10K, where start times allow combination of three races!
The Plymouth YMCA Fathers Day Run will be delayed and or cancelled if any of the following weather conditions exist:
- Severe Rain and/or Hail
- Wind Gusts
- Thunderstorm Warning
- Tornado Warning/Watch
- Dense Fog
The Race Director and the City of Plymouth law enforcement offi cials have the exclusive authority to cancel any/all of the events due to threatening weather conditions. As a result of this action, NO REFUNDS can or will transpire.
The start of the race or any event can/will be delayed up to one hour of Official Start due to threatening weather conditions.
Pursuant of the above action, the race and/or each individual event affected may be cancelled at the end of the delay period.
Participants will be notified as soon as a decision is made available. Informationwill be posted at the Race Finish Line Tent, and on the Plymouth YMCA hotline, 734-453-2904.
NO REFUNDS due to weather related cancellations.
- Cash Awards- $1000 MDG Triple
- MDG Triple Finisher Medals
- Custom Overall Male/Female Awards
- 1st/2nd/3rd Age Division Medals
- Tie One on for Dad Raffles: Race with a TIE to be entered to Win one of two Detroit Tigers Ticket Packages!
Want to Get Involved?
Besides running in a race or making a donation to the campaign, you can support the campaign by acting as a race-day volunteer. We need volunteers to help with all aspects of race management: handling registration, race-day setup, directing runners and other key race-day tasks. The Father’s Day Run is a fun day that benefits the community. So please, get involved as a volunteer!
The Course and Timing Setup
The flat and fast course through the streets of Downtown Plymouth is USATF certified. Race packet will contain the race bib number with B Tag attached. B Tags include QR codes
so runners get instant scan results. You must pick up your packet on site.
Our race is endorsed by the Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness, Health and Sports (www.michiganfitness.org).