The Heritage Club
The YMCA Heritage Club consists of individuals who have demonstrated their long-term commitment to the Y through planned, charitable giving in the form of wills/bequests, charitable trusts or life insurance. In addition to providing security for the future, contributed support is reinvested in our youth, serving as a source for scholarships awarded annually to children participating in Y programs such as camp, after school childcare and youth sports. Please consider joining the growing number of Y friends whose dedication to youth is perpetuated through planned giving.
To help ensure that the Y will continue to be a impactful part of our community for years to come, please contact Debbie Kaiser at (313) 223-2493 or firstname.lastname@example.org to become part of the Heritage Club today.
The YMCA Heritage Club is composed of individuals from all backgrounds, communities and walks of life who have made an outright or planned gift to the Y’s endowment fund in one of the following ways:
- An outright gift of cash ‐ In this way, each member not only benefits from the good that will be done but current income tax savings.
- An outright gift of appreciated assets ‐ If you chose to contribute such items as stock or property owned for longer than one year, you would receive a charitable deduction equal to the current value of the assets while avoiding capital gains taxes.
- A life insurance gift ‐ Naming the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit as a primary or even secondary beneficiary of your insurance policy paves the way for a large future gift. Should you wish to contribute a life insurance policy that is no longer needed to protect current beneficiaries, you could realize substantial income tax deductions.
- A gift through your will ‐ You may wish to consider including the Y in your will or living trust. In this way, a fixed amount, specific asset or percentage of your estate may be set aside as bequests and qualify for estate deductions.
- A gift made through a charitable trust or annuity ‐ Creating a charitable trust or annuity provides life income for yourself and/or others. With all or a portion of your gift eventually directed to the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit, you could receive a charitable deduction.
We provide resources to help you as you consider your options. Please visit our planned giving website, ymcaheritage.org.