Business Office Manager
The Farmington Family YMCA is seeking a qualified individual who, under the supervision of the Executive Director, is responsible for all supervisory functions related to an effective business office and membership service operation including but not limited to – all business systems, document retention and accurate record keeping, managing office supply inventories, daily cash balancing and reconciliation, branch credit card distribution and reconciliation, accounts payable and accounts receivable liaison to the corporate office, Kronos time and attendance system oversight, and membership and childcare program record management. The Business Office Manager is in regular communication with all corporate office departments, and is responsible for processing all volunteer and staff paperwork.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a business-related area preferred; prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong mathematical and analytical ability is necessary; excellent organization skills required.
- Should have knowledge and experience with business office equipment such as PC’s, postage machines, copier/ printers, and calculators; and have, and experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google applications.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented, with leadership skills and an understanding of good business office practices and procedures.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in making contingency decisions is required.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and to work well with other staff members and key volunteers is required.
- Incumbent must possess initiative and be reliable and resourceful, flexible, courteous, and a good team worker.
Resumes until September 24, 2014.
To apply, email resume to Laura Perlowski, District Vice President/Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great opportunity for an energetic, goal-oriented leader to supervise/direct overall management of all aspects of aquatic program. Coordinate all aquatic instruction, recreational swims and special events for aquatic program. Recruit, interview, hire, and train all aquatics staff.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Physical Education or related field is required.
- YMCA or related work experience in the area of creative program development, program supervision, staff development or management required.
- Certifications in WSI/YSI, CPR and First Aid are required.
- Ellis licensed, LGI is preferred.
Resumes until October 1, 2014.
To apply, email resume to Katie Kokko, Branch Operations Director at email@example.com.
Assistant Swim Team Coach
Under the supervision of the Head Swim Team Coach, the assistant Swim Coach will be responsible for organization, management and daily operation of the branch Swim Team program. He or she will be responsible for managing a quality program according to the established policies, missions and expectations of the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit and the YMCA of the USA.
- Current Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer
- Must have the knowledge required for coaching youth in competitive swimming
- Must be able to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with other staff, leaders, members and the community
- Must have good communication skills and organizational ability to effectively manage the members, volunteers, equipment and resources of the department
- Coaching experience with some competitive swimming background
- Supervises the general facilities on-site (pool, pool deck, equipment storage, locker rooms) as well as off-site for upkeep, cleanliness and proper usage during and following program use
- Participates in aquatic staff meetings
- Works with supervisor to achieve the projected number of swimmers
- Maintain clear communication with supervisor, assistant coaches, swimmers, parents and parent support group
- Maintains a current team roster indicating membership expiration and times achieved for each swimmer on the team.
- Is safety conscious at all times during practices swim meets or other team functions. Maintains all required safety certifications.
- Attends all meetings and functions related to the swim team.
- Acts as a role model for the swimmers instilling the YMCA core values.
If you’re interested, please complete an application and contact Operations Director Katie Kokko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT COUNSELOR – DAY CAMP
The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit is seeking positive role models who are caring, outgoing, creative, love to have fun, enjoy being outside, and want to make a positive impact in the lives of youth in our day camp programs.
- Serve as a role model for all youth participating in the day camp program by displaying
exemplary behavior at all times.
- Plan, assist, and implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values for campers.
- Be willing to dress up, save the world, win the game and lose the game when needed.
- Ensure a safe and nurturing environment; attending to the needs of campers at all times.
- Be welcoming to all campers, parents and other staff.
- Consciously create a climate in camp to foster the goals and objectives of the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit.
- Supervise a group of 6 – 12 children.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings.
- Assume equal responsibility of general housekeeping tasks.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical situations and behavior management, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Must be at least 18 year of age.
Daily camp activities include: creating memories, building friendships, increasing confidence, fostering smiles and developing the leaders of tomorrow through swimming, games, arts & crafts, science, literacy, and much more! If you believe in the YMCA core values of honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring, and want to make a difference in the life of a child, please apply.
If you’re interested, please complete an application and contact our Y for interviewing dates and times.
A minimum of one national personal training certification (ACSM, ACE, AFAA, CES, Cooper, IPFA, ISSA, NASM, NESTA, NETA, NPTI, NSCA, and WITS) and/or a bachelors degree in a related field from an accredited University. Strong customer service background and communication skills are a must, sales and previous personal training experience is a plus. YMCA Personal Trainers will lead training sessions for members teaching proper exercise techniques, principles, and procedures. Flexible schedule, have fun and feel good about helping others.
Contact: Jonathan Guest at the Farmington Family YMCA, 248-306-3057 or email@example.com
Group Exercise Instructor
Certified instructors with positive energy and a good attitude toward working in a group class setting are wanted. The Farmington Family YMCA is looking to provide our members with a wide variety of exciting, and challenging, classes to keep them engaged. Pilates, Kickboxing, and Tai Chi are in high demand but, all are welcome.
Contact: Jonathan Guest at the Farmington Family YMCA, 248-306-3057 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Lead Teacher, Child Care Center
This position works in our Child Care Center, one of our key Youth Development programs. The Lead Teacher promotes children’s social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development through our play-based curriculum.
A supervisory position, the Lead Teacher develops the classroom staff and manages the day-to-day operations in the classroom, including the curriculum. The Lead Teacher is expected to develop and maintain supportive, professional relationships with children and their families to enhance parent education, communication, involvement and advocacy.
High School Diploma and 12 semester hours in a child related field (e.g. Elementary Education, Child Guidance/counseling, Child Psychology, Family studies and Social work) is required; a minimum of 960 hours of experience working in an early childhood classroom setting preferred.
If you are interested in the Lead Teacher position, please contact Leana Parker, Senior Program Director via email: email@example.com.
School Age Child Care Staff
Our Y is seeking quality applicants for Site Director and Site Assistant in our School Aged Child Care program. Please see below for details.
Site Director Qualifications
At least 2 years of experience in childcare or related field. Fun, energetic, creative leader wanted to lead staff and children in our before and after care program. Must be 19 to apply; must have college credits in childcare or related field. Education students or teachers preferred. Possible 20 hours a week. (Morning and Afternoon Shifts Available; Schedule is 7:00a-9:00a and 3:00p-6:00p).
Site Assistant Qualifications
At least 1 year of experience in childcare or related field. Fun, energetic, caring individuals wanted to work with elementary aged students in our aftercare program. Must be 18 to apply. (Morning and Afternoon Shifts Available; Schedule is 7:00a-9:00a and 3:00p-6:00p).
Our Before and After School programs runs in 10 elementary schools in the Farmington Public School district, in addition to three elementary schools and one middle school within the Detroit Service Learning Academy and University Prep Academies. We are located on site at the school from 7:15 a.m. until the bell rings for the start of the school day and again in the afternoon from the last bell to 6:00 p.m. This split shift is perfect for college students, substitute teachers, or individuals who want to pick up some extra hours and love working with children. If you are interested, please contact Leana Parker, Senior Program Director via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Child Care Staff
Working with children in our Child Care Center, Child Care Staff lead the teaching team in planning and implementing curriculum and assessment. Applicants must understand the underlying philosophy of the High Scope curriculum as we promote and support children’s social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development.
Applicants must have CDA or Associates Degree in a child related field( Elementary Education, Child Guidance/counseling, Child Psychology, Family studies and Social work), with knowledge of the theories of child growth and development, early childhood education and family support.
This part time position is for 28 hours per week. If you are interested, please contact Leana Parker, Senior Program Director via email: email@example.com.
The Farmington YMCA is looking for lifeguards that are responsible for ensuring the safety of all members and program participants within the aquatic facility by being on the guard stand or patrolling. He/she will be responsible for carrying out and enforcing aquatic policies and procedures in compliance with the statutes as described by the State of Michigan, the YMCA of the USA, Jeff Ellis and Associates and the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit. For more information please see the job description.
To apply, please download an application and deliver it to Stephanie Huber, Aquatics Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 248-306-3062. You may email your application, or turn it in directly to the Farmington YMCA.
Water Exercise Instructor
The Farmington YMCA is looking for energetic individuals who love to exercise in the water! Water exercise instructors are needed for morning and evening classes. For more information please see the job description.
To apply, please download an application and deliver it Katie Kokko, Branch Operations Director, at email@example.com.
Swim Lesson Instructor
A swim instructor is responsible for teaching all levels of the National YMCA Swim Lesson program. This person will keep accurate attendance records, develop lesson plans and distribute family huddles and progress reports to all swimmers as well as evaluate and assess skill level and progress of all swimmers. The swim instructor must also be able to motivate, evaluate and communicate with all age groups. For more information please see the job description.
To apply, please download an application and deliver it to Stephanie Huber, Aquatics Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Farmington Family YMCA is hiring a Soccer Instructor. All applicants should have some soccer experience and previous experience coaching or working with children. All interested applicants should send their resume to Sports Coordinator, London Lewis at email@example.com.
Position requires weeknight and weekend availability. Applicants must have experience in sports, teaching/coaching and working with children. All interested applicants should send their resume to Sports Coordinator, London Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position requires weeknight and weekend availability. Position can include officiating for both youth and adult leagues. Applicants must have officiating experience and experience working with children. All interested applicants should send their resume to Sports Coordinator, London Lewis at email@example.com. Position is part-time.
Position requires weeknight availability. Applicants must have experience in gymnastics and working with children. Experience in teaching/coaching preferred. All interested applicants should send their resume to Sports Coordinator, London Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Front Desk Staff
We’re looking for a customer service representative. Under the direction of the front desk manager, the customer service rep will engage our members and provide clerical support, answering telephones and assisting with membership initiatives. This is a very interpersonal position, so we’re hoping for friendly, outgoing applicants!
To apply, please download an application and deliver it to Kimberley Michanowicz, Front Desk Supervisor, at email@example.com.