Basketball games are going on at our Y all the time. The gym is often set up for pickup basketball or full court basketball games, and members can play during open gym periods. Please check the Gym Schedule for days and times.
Adult Pick-up Basketball
- Tuesday/Thursday Pick-up 8:00-10:00pm
- Saturday Pick-up 7:00am – 9:00am
Members play casual full court basketball.
General Rules for the Court
To ensure that everyone gets to play and to help move games along, we provide the following rules:
- Participants must be full facility members over the age of 18 (any exceptions must be approved by management before entering the gymnasium).
- The first 10 participants physically in the gymnasium will shoot free throws to decide the first 5 v 5 game. The next 5 participants in the gymnasium will play the winner.
- Winners will stay on the court if 15 or fewer participants are in the gymnasium.
If the court becomes crowded, the winner stays rules need to be modified:
- Games switch to two and out once the 16th participant physically enters the gymnasium.
- The winner of the game in progress establishes the two and out, and participants must be physically in the gym before the game has ended.
- Once a session goes to two and out it remains that way for the rest of the night.
- Games are played to a maximum of 11 unless 20 or more participants are playing. Games are then to a final score of 9.