The Y offers both full-time and part-time career opportunities in a variety of areas.
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
* Employment opportunities listed here are for the Corporate Office and Oakwood Physical Therapy & Wellness Center only. For listings at local Ys, please find your Y and refer to their careers page.
Oakwood Physical Therapy & Wellness Center Openings
The YMCA of Metro Detroit has the following immediate openings located at the Oakwood Physical Therapy & Wellness Center. Located near Oakwood Hospital in Dearborn, MI, the branch offers comprehensive adult programming including employee wellness services and patient after-care programs.
To apply, please download an application and forward, along with resume, to Rheanne Suszek at email@example.com.
Oakwood Group Exercise Instructor
Instruct adult fitness classes emphasizing proper exercise technique and principles. Class instructors must communicate positively to members and motivate them through creativity, music, personality, energy and enthusiasm.
- Nationally recognized aerobics certification (ACE, AFAA, NDEITA, YMCA) must be current within 3 months from date of hire for classes and programs being instructed.
- Communicate effectively to individuals and small groups.
- An understanding of physical education principles and the ability to work with people of all ages and fitness levels.
- The ability to tailor classes to the needs of the participants with effectiveness, safety and member’s needs at top priority
- Teach members the proper and preferred technique for all exercises.
- Be available before and after class to talk with members about physical fitness and related topics.
- Act as a positive, self-confident role model for the YCMA.
- To help maintain a neat, clean and pleasant environment
- Perform administrative functions such as attendance records, answering questions, promoting the fitness department, etc.
Careers at Local YMCAs:
For job listings at local Ys, please click below.