The Y offers both full-time and part-time career opportunities in a variety of areas.
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
* Employment opportunities listed here are for the Corporate Office and Oakwood Physical Therapy & Wellness Center only. For listings at local Ys, please find your Y and refer to their careers page.
EXECUTIVE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
YMCA OF METROPOLITAN DETROIT
The CEO of the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit is responsible for establishing and implementing the mission, vision, goals, and values of the YMCA within the organization and the community.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Provide Vision and Strategic Leadership
- Advocate for YMCA Impact within the Metropolitan Detroit Community
- Manage the Budget and Improve Operating Performance
- Develop and Lead the Staff Team/Build a Positive and Productive Culture
Apply Online Only At:
Deadline for Resumes: December 10, 2013
For more information on the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit go to:
Branch Membership Specialist
Excellent opportunity for a goal-oriented individual to ensure monthly and annual membership development goals are achieved. Responsibilities will extend to the implementation and administration of the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit membership strategies and to help represent the YMCA mission, policies, and character development.
- Bachelor’s degree or two years full-time experience in a related field is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Strong language skills, sound reasoning ability, and an aptitude for working with others in a patient, professional manner that instills the YMCA character development values and mission is required
- Compile daily, monthly sales reports
- Track all inquiries, follow up calls, tours, sales and guest visits
- Meet monthly sales goals
- Facilitate all retention programs as determined by the Membership/Marketing Director
- Nights and weekends required
- Be proactive in organizing new member sales initiatives
- Be proactive in developing and implementing branch member retention efforts
- Pursue opportunities to promote YMCA in business/residential community
- Responsible for member and participant calls, tracking feedback and championing positive outcomes
- Remain familiar with all YMCA programs
- Participate in team meetings
To apply, please send resume to Bart Reed (email@example.com.).
Careers at Local YMCAs:
For job listings at local Ys, please click below.