The Y offers both full-time and part-time career opportunities in a variety of areas.
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
* Employment opportunities listed here are for the Corporate Office and Oakwood Physical Therapy & Wellness Center only. For listings at local Ys, please find your Y and refer to their careers page.
Childcare Lead Teacher
The Boll Family YMCA is seeking a Childcare Lead Teacher who will be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all classroom activities, including the HighScope curriculum. The Lead Teacher is responsible for ensuring the children’s social, physical, spiritual, and mental development through the program.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an acceptable area of emphasis, such as Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Social Work, Psychology, or Elementary Education. A degree in another field is acceptable; however, a minimum of 18 semester hours must be in Early Childhood Education.
- Minimum 6 months experience working with young children
- Ability to work as part of a large team within a multi-service charitable Association required
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Working knowledge of computers required
- Documentation of a physical examination and TB test that meet Health and Social Service requirements is mandatory within 30 days of starting work, and thereafter as required by law.
$23,000 – $26,000 annually. Resumes until position filled.
To apply, download an application and email with resume to Tina Quirk at email@example.com.
Branch Membership Specialist
Excellent opportunity for a goal-oriented individual to ensure monthly and annual membership development goals are achieved. Responsibilities will extend to the implementation and administration of the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit membership strategies and to help represent the YMCA mission, policies, and character development.
- Bachelor’s degree or two years full-time experience in a related field is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Strong language skills, sound reasoning ability, and an aptitude for working with others in a patient, professional manner that instills the YMCA character development values and mission is required
- Compile daily, monthly sales reports
- Track all inquiries, follow up calls, tours, sales and guest visits
- Meet monthly sales goals
- Facilitate all retention programs as determined by the Membership/Marketing Director
- Nights and weekends required
- Be proactive in organizing new member sales initiatives
- Be proactive in developing and implementing branch member retention efforts
- Pursue opportunities to promote YMCA in business/residential community
- Responsible for member and participant calls, tracking feedback and championing positive outcomes
- Remain familiar with all YMCA programs
- Participate in team meetings
A Branch Membership Specialist must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work some nights and weekends. Compensation is $35,100 on Target Earnings (Base + Commission). To apply, please send resume to Tom Bender (firstname.lastname@example.org.).
The Oakwood Wellness Center—Dearborn is seeking a Wellness Specialist who is responsible for the daily operations of the wellness center including customer service, member safety, member education and equipment maintenance. Job segments include greeting and welcoming members, orienting members in the use of equipment, and advising members with regard to exercise recommendations.
- Pursuing or completed degree in physical education or wellness related field preferred.
- National personal training certification, or study towards, preferred.
- High school diploma or its equivalency required.
- Must have an interest in physical fitness activities.
- Ability to work with people of a variety of ages and fitness levels.
- Must have knowledge of safety issues regarding the use of fitness equipment. CPR and First Aid certifications must be current.
- Must possess technical skills in the operation and use of a variety of resistance machines, free weights, and cardiovascular equipment and have the ability to use all of the equipment for demonstration purposes.
- Knowledge of YMCA programs and operations is preferred.
To apply, download an application and email with resume to Deji Oke at email@example.com.
Careers at Local YMCAs:
For job listings at local Ys, please click below.