Birmingham Family YMCA
Customer Service Specialist
This is a Part Time position.
The Birmingham Family YMCA is seeking individuals for the customer service specialist position. This position works directly with the marketing and member engagement team to provide high quality customer service and member engagement. Ideal individuals for this team are outgoing, friendly, able to multi-task, solution oriented and problem solvers. A customer service specialist is the face of the Birmingham Family YMCA and works directly with current and future members.
- Greet all current and new members in a friendly and inviting manner
- Answer all phones calls and direct callers to the correct department or person
- Be knowledgeable of all YMCA programs, times and days
- Registering members for activities (membership, group exercise, swimming lessons, camp, etc.)
- Willing to perform duties outside of above job description
- Working directly with the membership team to retain members and achieve new membership goals.
YMCA Competencies (Personal Growth):
- Self-Development: Is dedicated to the improvement of own capabilities, and demonstrates this through the continual expansion of knowledge, and skills.
- Change Capacity: Leads self and others through change by navigating ambiguity appropriately and adapting well to new situations, obstacles, and opportunities.
- Emotional Maturity: Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
- Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
- Aptitude for working with others.
- Aptitude to demonstrate a positive attitude, through the display of courtesy, cooperation and hospitality in a professional manner that instills the YMCA character development values and mission is required.
How to Apply:
To apply, download an application and deliver it and a resume to the Birmingham Y, or email application and resume to Shelby Tschannen, email@example.com